As most of you know, I teach Pre-K at a local elementary school. I am usually completely grounded while at school and teaching such young, active children nothing usually leaves me speechless or spinning and thinking what do I do now. Well, today, I was completely overwhelmed as I am having my students sign in with our letter of the day and put their pictures up on our "Who's Blooming at School Today?" flowerpot. Two of my friends came into my classroom and were yelling "WHOOOOOO" and "Congratulations". My class is participating in a school reading initiative where we have to read 100 books by November. Well today, we met our first goal of 25 and I thought my friends were coming in to cheer for my class. I said, "Are you cheering for our reading of 25 books since last Wednesday?" They look confused and said, "No, You Just Won Teacher of the Year." What?????? Huh?????? Who me????? I felt like a deer in the headlights. Whoa! I was totally surprised, not that I don't think that I work very hard with my kids and try to be the best teacher that I can be, I was just surprised that I had been selected to represent my school. I am so amazed by this wonderful God we serve who completely delights Himself in whooing us, making us smile, and pouring His love on us. I am amazed daily by Him. I literally had to step back for a minute today and think about my next step. I wanted to cry, shout, pray, and call Josh and my parents all at the same time. Thank you God for giving me the passion to do my job and to teach young children. Thank you God for so many family members and friends who bless me daily. I pray that I bless others as much as I am blessed. I pray that I make God smile as much as He makes me, but I am sure that I do not. Have a wonderful night and a great rest of the week!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




4 comments:
Congratulations!
Congratulations, you deserve it!
Congrats!!
Thats so wonderful but im not surprised because you are a great teacher!! We all love you and Kayla says hi! ((Big Hugs))
Post a Comment